View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #20
Sweet_Leaf_PDX
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jason
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Sweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enoughSweet_Leaf_PDX will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Caldwell & Other Newcomers, why?

Lots of new cigars coming out all time…some stick around some don’t. Caldwell is not new to the cigar game, he was part of the Wynwood team for a while and then created Caldwell after the Wynwood team split up.

I think the 3 core lines that Caldwell offers are respectable cigars, some people will like them, some won’t. I do think the frenzy created by some of the stuff like “Yellow Cake” is pretty crazy. Robert as admitted that these cigars were created specially to be given away at events to people who buy boxes (like how my Father gives away packs of the “S” cigars at their events to box purchasers). I don’t think he intended for people to be going crazy over the stuff like they are.

The other cigars are actually part of a side project that Caldwell is involved with, and this halfwheel article explains that: http://halfwheel.com/bcs-formerly-im...ostfound/80310 - just in case anyone is curious.

I think this is a neat idea, but I think the frenzy around it is proving how much the current cigar market is susceptible to hype, and the search for the latest and greatest thing.
Sweet_Leaf_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote