I know because of KRS1

Trading: (7)
LFdC
Jay Hemingway will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone have any Tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher View Post
OK, so it's just me then?

I'll be the voice of reason. I got a tat when I was 17, 1972. I was stoned...not just then, but all the time. My buddy and I went to the shop. He got a zig-zag man, I got a mj flower top. I have regretted it for about 30 years.

First, lifestyle changes. The values you have now, when expressed permanently and visually, may be vastly different than 5, 10 or 20 years down the road.

Second, after about 10 years they look like sh*t. after 20 years they look like mostly grey and black blobs. Yeah, I know you can get 'em touched up...blah, blah, blah.

Third, when you start advancing in your career, and the vast majority of people do, they are not and advertisement for "stability" or "good decision maker". Furthermore, they do not give you the look that screams "hire me" unless you're trying to get a job as a bouncer or a roadie. They look, well...stooooopid.

Go ahead, let the flogging begin, it's just my personal opinion and advice.

the inks that are used today are completely different than back in the day. major advancement in the ink field.

never get a tattoo when your drunk.

never get a tattoo you just thought up. (i thought aboot my sleeve for 10 years before i went for it. i made sure it was something i wanted. there are alot of tattoos that i wanted back in the day that i would kill myself if i had them on me now!!). think about it,think about it and think about it..

your tattoo should look the way it did from day one if:

your artists is good. do research on your artist. check all of his work. most importantly, find a tattoo on someone that he did years ago. see how it looks now.

if you take care of your tattoo for the week following when it got done. use A&D ointment. IMO, don't use any of that crap goo they try to sell you at some tattoo shops. it's crap. it may work a bit but every tat artists i know uses A&D on themselves. i have used it on all of my tatts, i have some that are 6 years old that look like i got them done yesterday.

skin care for life!! sun ruins tattoos. use sunblock always when you are in the sun (on the tatto). i use SP 50 if i go to the beach. it will leave any skin you put it on white, but your tatto will look good.

the times are also different now. tattoos aren't as looked down apon as they were even ten years ago. i have seen CEO's of major companies with full sleeves and all. you should make sure you can cover it up when need be though. example = work. don't put tattoos on your face,neck or hands. i have a sleeve but it can be fully covered with a suit and a nice watch. you would never know i had them unless i showed you.
even though they are excepted more, in a real business setting, they should be covered. you can enjoy them the moment you get off.

but in the world in general today, tattoos are more excepted for sure.

my

oh and GO BIG! lol.
Jay Hemingway is offline   Reply With Quote