View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough
Default Priority Mail Visibility

[Rant]
Part of the reason why I am willing to pay for Priority mail w/DC is the fact that there is a DC number and you can often times see movement along the way and final delivery confirmation. Hell, I could send parcel post without DC #'s at half the cost if I wanted to just blindly send and hope that the goods arrive!
[/Rant]

OK, so here's the question/statement:
If, and when, I send a package priority mail (w/DC) and I see no movement and get no delivery confirmation I always request a refund via the shipping history page and have always gotten one. Even once I confirm that the package DID arrive.
The way I see it is, they didn't provide the service that I paid for.

Does anyone else do this?
I was management at UPS for years and know that when people ship they expect visibility and delivery confirmation (which you pay extra for at USPS). If that isn't provided, it is a BIG deal. People get fired in UPS for missed scans! (missed scans cause lack of visibility)

While the amount of shipping that is refunded to me is trivial, it is the fact that the service that I selected and paid for is not provided that burns me!

Talk among yourselves.......

Pretending to play golf since 1989
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote