View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 01:30 PM   #17
RWhisenand
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rob
Trading: (7)
Punch AirForce (Served With Honor)
RWhisenand will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My Daughters New Set of Wheels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post
Is there something like what you mentioned for older drivers? I've seen the skip barber and others like it but they are close to $1500 and for only one day. Personally I don't think that kind of thing can be learned in one day.

Also do you know anything about the SRT experience that dodge offers. It's about $700 for the day but I'm not sure what they teach. I see that they teach racing but they don't mention anything about loss of control or things like that.
Yes the SCCA offers a program for adults called PDX, or performance driving experience. I've been to them for several years. I stay away from brand sponsored events as they are allowing you to basically drive a de-tuned super car on a track with little instruction rather a "get as many people through" mentality.

I've raced SCCA trials on full sized tracks, and often when I'm getting flat I'll take a PDX course in order to ride with an instructor and see how I can improve.

The one thing about PDX is you'll need your own car, but any sports sedan or so will do fine.

Edit, I agree, most kids go through several one day courses, like I said in my first post, he will attend one or more of these most likely more!

Oh one more edit, a PDX weekend costs about $300 or so for two days. Of course you'll be driving your own car, Skip Barber and others provide the car hence the high cost.

Last edited by RWhisenand; 04-05-2015 at 01:37 PM.
RWhisenand is offline   Reply With Quote