View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #516
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Third Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

Cole, I don't know who I'm sending the pass to, or if we even have enough participants to send it around again. There's no sense in sending it if we don't have at least 5 or 6 guys, I don't think. Not enough turnover to make it worthwhile.
If we choose against sending it, we can start it up again at any time. Maybe send it around for the draft, when guys come to camp, then start back up during preseason?

Between now and next year I think we should come together as a league and publish our own rules booklet, such as most money leagues do. As our pass evolves, and our prizes get larger, we really do have a big investment in our league. Some hard rules involving the timely movement of the pass are going to be necessary, we discussed a fine of troop cigars. It sounded like a great idea and was very fair. Great incentive to keep the pass moving and if it's not, the troops benefit.
We should probably standardize our scoring, as well. We can discuss all sorts of things in the offseason. I'm going to hope and pray that Cole will continue to share Commish duties, and get him Commish access at Yahoo next year. That doesn't really mean anything, the Commish does nothing in our league except set the draft and send emails.

I expect Cole and I will brainstorm most everything and then put the items to the league for a vote, if necessary. Hopefully we can draft rules from what we've always done. We can also spell out the pass rules in a little flyer rather than try to dig through the thread for all the info.
If anyone wants to be involved in working with Cole and I on these sorts of things, just let us know. (Sorry for drafting you, Cole. )
It'd be nice to have as many guys involved as possible, but mind ya, it'll be nothing dramatic. Certainly nothing to feel the need to concern yourselves with unless you'll enjoy it.