Thread: Woohoo!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
Wanger

Default Woohoo!!!

So tonight, we finally fired up the Behmor. I had been itching to use it since it got here earlier this week.

After all the Thanksgiving madness, we finally had some time to use it. I had thought we'd be roasting in the garage, but my wife was OK with setting it up in kitchen on the stove.

I wiped it down and ran an initial cleaning run on it. There was a little smoke and some smell to it.

After being advised about what to start with, we weighed out half a pound of the Colombian that came in the sampler from Sweet Marias. After it was cool enough, we loaded the basket and set the program suggested for us. Hit start and away we went.

The roasting itself went without a hitch. We heard the first crack quite easily, and kept going until we heard the faint beginning popping of the second crack. We started the cooling cycle and just basked in the wonderful smell of the roasting that just completed. I was told that it didn't smell like roasted coffee, and it doesn't but it still smells very good.

We're going to let it rest overnight, at least, and I hope to be able to give positive feedback once we get a chance to drink some.