View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 02:47 PM   #13
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Remembering 9/11 - 20 years later - your story

I worked across the street from the Pentagon at the Pentagon City Costco. I happened to call out sick that day for a Doctors appointment. I was sitting in the waiting room and saw it on the TV. I would have been there when the plane hit the Pentagon. The strangest part was the drive into work the next morning across the 14th St. bridge and seeing what looked like a cake with a giant slice taken out of it. They moved Patriot missile batteries to almost every open roof parking garage.
I got to work and it still stunk of burning chemicals. I listened to all my coworkers stories of helping clear the rubble. Our forklift drivers ran pallets of bottled water and work gloves across Army Navy drive to give out to rescue workers. i got to see some of the cell phone pictures that were taken. They we not letting anyone take pictures but a few people snuck them out. Just a sobering experience. I was happy I wasn't there but felt guilty because I should have been there. I like to think I would have been brave enough to run over an help.