View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 07:01 AM   #1
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice
Default Remembering 9/11 - 20 years later - your story

I cannot believe we are approaching 20 years since 9/11. Everywhere stories are being shared. Why not share them here? I'll go first.

That morning I was on a riding lawnmower clearing grass on abandoned lots for my boss. I had a walkman, old even then, listening to the only rock radio station in my little college town of San Angelo. They stopped the music for the news, which in the 4 years I listened to that station was the only time they did that and told us of the attack. This was a few minutes before the first tower fell. As it turns out I was actually the first in the shop to know it happened because the office staff didn't have a radio or tv on. I went into the office just as the first tower fell and told everyone. We turned on a tv and watched the replay over and over of the first tower going down. I have no idea how much time went by, if it was before or after the second tower fell but at some point I went back to work listening on my walkman. What I do distinctly remember is that after a little bit the rock station went back to music. The song that came on first? Drowning Pool's Bodies, which has the refrain "let the bodies hit the floor", it played for a bit before it was turned off and the live DJ came on apologizing and said the order was automated and he did not choose that song, which of course was very ill timed at that point in the day.

Now how 9/11 effected the rest of my life, well some here know. That'll just be left to herfs.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote