View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #23
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chad Johnson Courtroom Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
The original question doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the original charge, it has to do with the agreed on plea, the action and then reaction of the Judge.

This is about an ash slap. pure and simple....the plea was agreed on and because of the action, the Judge changed her mind. It was not contempt of court, she didn't accept the plea.

Thanks for explaining what a courtroom is all about, I appreciate you giving me some outline, that will come in handy.....and I am positive you think assaulting woman is more serious that I do....
I understood what you were asking.
Thing is, the reason he was there was for the judge to contemplate his original charge and the probation violation attached to it, so it's hard to ignore.

I get why he would do what he did, and personally thought it was perfectly harmless and appropriate, or at least okay. It's not though, doesn't matter who you are or what the reason, and I know that.
Johnson even seemed baited. He looked like he thought she was expecting a response to show his lawyer he did a good job, which is why he slapped his butt. I think she was expecting him to thank his lawyer and shake his hand, but Johnson was nervous. He certainly didn't understand why people were laughing, and thought it was something else, and that made him more nervous.

The judge did seem to be showing off a bit. I didn't feel like her voice or body language matched what she was doing. Thing is, I don't know her past that snippet. That may be her usual demeanor.
Had there not been a courtroom laughing, maybe she wouldn't have had the reaction because she wouldn't have felt she was being made fool of or disrespected. I'd even give you that one. But I don't know her and the courtroom wasn't empty, so we don't get that chance.
Which leads back to "he got what he paid for".