View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To You, What Constitutes A "Short Run" Or "Limited Edition"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
For me I like under 5,000. The 100 or 200 box limited stuff is just ridiculous. Make enough so everyone can try them and have a shot at a box. I like how available the limited CC's are. You usually have several years to snag a box (EL's) and sometimes up to 5 years.

I just like not feeling forced to buy a box or it'll go away in a few days/months.
I feel much like that as well, Bill.
I like when someone like Litto does an 800 box experimental that most people just don't know about or care about, and they stay around long enough for really hardcore fans to get a shot at a reasonable price.
It kinda sucks that the only way to sort the field of "real fans" is to make the price insane in the case of cc's. With Litto stuff, he'll bump the whole batch out to one retailer who will sit on it as long as it takes. It kind of stays hidden, so it lasts awhile.
I suppose the cc EL's are much like that, they get hidden until years later if someone really looks hard.