View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #31
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: laptop monitor blacked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSpite View Post
Another little known trick is to try to reset the voltage unit in the power.

Remove the battery, remove the power. If you have a reset button in the RAM compartment hold it down for 10 to 30 seconds. Repeatedly hit the power button 10 to 20 times. Reinsert battery, and plug in. try to power up.

Dont ask me why this works but been doing it for years on units and it works on some of the oddest issues.

May be the video cable going from the planar board to the monitor. Sometimes they work themselves loose. It's not a real cable, but a ribbon that goes via the hinges to the monitor. The closing and opening can sometimes work the ribbon from its contacts in the monitor.

does it at least "glow" as it were?

Feel free to PM me if you need more info I'll do what i can.
Thanks for the offer, Joe. I'll keep you in mind when the next issue comes up.

The monitor did not glow, by the way, and keystrokes (ie, cap locks, wi-fi buttons) also would not work, making me think the processor was not kicking in at all. Now, all is right in the world.