View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kindle Paperwhite

I just got one of the new Kindle Paperwhites, the 300 dpi one with the light built in.

It kinda happened like this...
I'd been using Weeze's old Kindle and it was nicer than dragging my ipad about, mostly because I don't use my ipad for internet as much anymore.
It's tough to read it outside, and I've given up movies and tv for books again (I get tired with tv really fast), that's why I started using Weeze's Kindle.

Fast forward a month or so, and I see Peter had mentioned his Paperwhite and how much he loved it.
I asked him some questions about it, and blame it on him completely for costing me money.

The thing was 120 bucks, and coupled with Kindle Unlimited that I paid 80 bucks for on Prime Day, that's 200 bucks a year for a totally awesome reader and more books than I'll ever sift through.

Mind ya, Kindle Unlimited does not offer every book free.
Despite that, I went 10 for 10 on the first books I picked out and none cost a dime. That recovered the money I spent on KU already.
I picked out 10 books because that's the "limit". It's not unlimited in the sense that unlimited means unlimited.
I have to return books before grabbing new ones. Perfectly fine for me.

The backlight is glorious, I can read anywhere. I can't even put a dent in the battery. I've already bounced it around a number of times and it's not an issue, but I have a cover.

I read at least 10 books a month, lots of times more.
It probably costs me at least 700 bucks a year in books, bare minimum.
This whole setup, about $200.

If you do any amount of reading, take a look.
I think you'll be really happy you did.

(As I mentioned before, I own Amazon, so this may be a bit slanted.
Means nothing. Good stuff is good stuff. )