MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sam Adams $150 27% Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPmark View Post
Sam also has an Imperial line. A cream stout, white ale, and another. They are like 12%. Cost about $12 a 4pack. Since I really like the regular white ale I said imperial must be better. If you have ever had a white ale think what it would taste like with a shot of cheap vodka in it. Pawned the other 3 off on some buddies! I won't take my chances for $150. I'll go by some Johnie blue instead.
The Imperial Series from Sam Adams is made up of Imperial White, Imperial Stout, and Imperial Double Bock. Where I am you can pick up a 4-pack for $9.99.

After I saw your description I ran to the fridge to pop open a bottle of Imperial White. It was very thick and syrupy. It had sort of a bourbon flabor to it. I'm not sure that I experienced the flavors as you described them, but I wasn't a huge fan of it either. I had some on draft once and it was AWESOME. It had almost a white wine-like flavor with some cereal notes mixed in. Also, last night I popped open an Imperial Stout. It was absolutely the best stout I've had in some time. It was smooth, creamy, and had wonderful chocolate and coffee flavors. When I first cracked open one of these I wasn't hugely impressed but I think they improve after sitting for a few months. Next I'll have to break open a Double Bock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmia View Post
And how many people would balk at the prices that cigars like the 1492 or Behike command?
Good point. I know a lot of people who have paid $180 for a bottle of Utopias and several that have paid $250. If you look on e-bay they sell for over $300.