View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #9
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: College Hoops Thread '09-'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX2010 View Post
Can't wait to see the Horns tomorrow, should be a solid team this year

hopefully they figure out a real point guard
Rick Barnes is a very good recruiter, and always seems to attract enough talent to compete. Yet he has not proven to this point his ability to lead them to the level one might expect. His teams often play an undiciplined style without a properly-executed team philosopy, and their wins are mainly predicated upon superior physical skills rather than better play. Plus he has a tendency to become overly-emotional during the game, which has adversely affected his in-game coaching at times. Will Texas have a Top 10 team this season? I have little doubt. Will they compete for the championship? Not unless Barnes finally grows up. Just my - yet as I've followed his career since he was at Lenoir-Rhyne, I think I know a thing or three about him.

Speaking of Texas, the # 3 team defeated UC-Irvine 89-42 Sunday. It was the expected decisive win, but when you pit a Longhorn against an Anteater, what else would you expect?

All the other ranked teams had their "predetermined" lopsided victories this weekend also, with the exception of:

On Saturday, # 11 Butler fought back against a determined Davidson team and won 73-62 in a game they seemed destined to lose for about 3/4ths of the contest. The same was true for # 21 Dayton, although they held a slim margin for much of the time, and held on to beat Creighton 90-80.

On Sunday, my # 6 UNC Tar Heels again showed their young lack of focus, and blew most of a 24-point 2nd-half lead before finally closing out Valparaiso 88-77, mainly due to 14 turnovers AGAINST A ZONE DEFENSE! Furthermore, remember that the only Drew on the court was Larry, and he played for the home team. Unacceptable , especially when you consider that they will face, in quick succession, Ohio State, Kentucky, Michigan State, and Texas.

Finally, it seems the game to have seen this weekend was the epic struggle of the brainiacs between Harvard and William & Mary, with the Crimson taking a 87-85 victory in 3 OTs. Ohhhhh, baby!
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote