View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 12:09 AM   #9
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Online vendors, the good, the bad and the why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday View Post
Thanks for this post T.G, wishing I had found this site a bit earlier, as I’m unfornately one of the newbies you mentioned that was formerly unaware of the downside to Thompsons. (They already have my address lol)
Have otherwise dealt with CI, Cigar Federation & Famous Smoke. Famous handled an issue I had about a month ago and I have to say, they were excellent.
Pretty well stocked atm, but I’m going to give the other retailers you’ve suggest a shot once I need to reorder.
Thanks to all the older members here helping out the new guys!

Michael,

This thread was not meant in any way as calling you or anyone else out.

I started smoking cigars in 1992. My first cigar was either an Onyx or a Macanudo. I can't remember which. It was just a formal military thing back then. The cigar that hooked me was a Cuban Cohiba Robusto in June of 1993. I got serious sometime in the early mid 2000's. It wasn't until around 2006 or so that I started to figure it out.

I smoked a lot of crap in those 14 years, but I didn't know any better.

This thread was meant with the intent of those of us that have been around or even through similar as a way of maybe helping new guys avoid the pitfalls we found.

Please accept my apologies if this came across in any way other than its intent as stated.

-a
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote