Thread: Another boom?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 03:23 PM   #3
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Another boom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
Fuente has always used deliberate scarcity as a marketing tactic. I wouldn’t try to draw any general conclusions.

I remember going to a B&M and being told I had to buy 2 other cigars for the privilege to buy 1 Opus X. I took it home and l reverently smoked it. Then I thought, “What’s the big deal?” My later experiences have confirmed this. But, I know a certain group is reading this and thinking I just don’t understand. That’s OK. Everybody can have their own tastes.
over a decade ago i bought the dvd set they put out with the 2 forbidden X's and i reverently kept them in my humidors for years before i decided to try one and i thought it was just okay. I'd rather smoke a hemingway more than an opus x anymore. I'm not even trying to jump onto the "all opus x's are bad" bandwagon either. Honestly i'd like to try some now but not at $30 a cigar. That's just way too much for me. God bless!