View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #123
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NFL's new safety policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
Bottom line, like I said, you'll never find anybody talking about him making graeat throws, or how he won a game for the team.
Vic, Ben has become such an incredibly efficient quarterback in the air over the last four years that a team who has been a running juggernaut forever has completely abandoned that style of play and turned into a passing offense.
That's something I never thought I'd see in my entire life. Something I never even wanted to see, but it's worked fabulously.
Since committing to the passing game these last four years, the team is 43-21, has been in the playoffs 3 times, the Super Bowl twice, and took a ring.

In 2005 when they won Super Bowl XL the team was 5th in the league in rushing yards, 24th in passing yards. A running team.
They started transtioning in '06-'07 and suffered the growing pains because of it.
By 2008 when they won Super Bowl XLIII they had moved to 17th in the league in passing and 23rd in rushing.
This year they are 8th in passing, 17th in rushing.
See the trend?

I figure you were being tongue in cheek when you said no one ooo's and aaaaaahhh's at Ben's arm, or he hasn't won games with his arm. He's literally been a highlight reel all season, even during these past weeks while his thumb has been broken, his efficiency is through the roof (I think he had a 126.0 passer rating last week.)