View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #32
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all
Default Re: Seeking homebrew guidance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlimit View Post
Well my first brew was a little, well... flat. And yes, lol, I realize it's not carbed yet, I just mean the taste fell flat. I know, I know, give it time, don't fret. I bottled and we'll see. Can't say I'm not a bit disappointed, but I'm undeterred and will brew again next week as I ordered the agave wit from Austin.

I have a tiny question, though. Is this what the trub on the bottom of my fermenter should look like?
Yes, exactly. All that spent yeast, that's some good stuff right there!

If you had another beer ready to go, you could just dump the wort right on top of that and be off & running in no time.

I wouldn't worry about the taste right now, unless it was rancid! Unless I dry hop it can be deceiving, almost all of my beers taste pretty much the same straight out of the fermenter (I always drink the left over beer from the measuring cylinder.) What style/recipe did you go with?

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote