View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: my wineador build (whats your 2cents)

I use that exact system as a refrigerator. You have to put in a potent humidification system, i.e. active system. The reason is the refrigerator dehumidifies the system. I set it for 67% at the bottom of the refrigerator and that keeps the average humidity fine. It goes up and down and is not a nice stable 67%. I've about 5 pounds of beads but in reality, they are slow to react compared to the active elements.

You have to determine the right humidity for yourself by smoking the cigars from the various levels to see how they are smoking. The middle tends to be the most humid due to that is where the fans are located that circulate the air. The bottom is the driest as can be expected so you can rotate your cigars appropriately.

I've had it for about a year and a half and it's a nice upgrade from the 28 bottle thermoelectric cooler I had before. I can post pictures of my set up if you want. Nothing fancy beyond the refrigerator. Plus sides, no mold, stay cold and no beetles. Minus side, you end up filling your active humidification system a lot more frequently then you would a real sealed humidor so it's not hassle free.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote