View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about
Default Try this one for your Anniversary!

It's my 3rd anniversary on Wednesday but I will be out of town. My wife and I were talking about somewhere to go to eat but the place we were talking about was closed. She said "why don't you cook me a gourmet meal at home?" I love to cook, in fact, anyone who knows me will tell you that if I could support my family by cooking, I would quit my job tomorrow and throw on my chef's hat. Anyway I was thinking about a surf and turf kinda thing with some earthy wild mushrooms as I have a case of cabernet that has been sitting for a bit and I wanted to crack open a bottle. So I went to Shop Rite and grabbed 2 8 ounce Australian Filet Mignons and they had whole lobster on sale for $4.99 per pound. I grabbed a 1 1/2 pounder and grabbed an ounce of dried porcini mushrooms and went home. After a bit of thought, I started cooking. Poured a glass of wine and got into it. The end result was:

Grilled filet mignon over a herbed boursin (a type of soft cheese), lobster and porcini mashed potato cake with yellow and green squash "ribbons" on top with a Porcini, rosemary Cabernet reduction. It was GOOOOOOOOD. Topped it off with a 1999 Michel Schlumberger Cabernet Sauvignon. Yum! Might end tonight with a Padron 40th anni Maduro.

Try this one guys, you will love it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anniversary dinner.jpg (113.9 KB, 477 views)
Scottw is offline   Reply With Quote