bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Re: Casa Magna-Overhyped and underwhelming

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndead1 View Post
Just lit up the second of 2 sticks I bought. The first one was a huge "meh". I try to give most cigars a second chance, so I decided today is the day for the Casa Magna.

First 1/3
Very sweet on the draw, and that pure, instantly recognizable Nicaraguan spice in the nose, a little floral on the finish. This one already tastes way different from the first one. Maybe they just needed a few weeks in the humi.

Second 1/3
Wow, this is like a completely different cigar. A lot more flavor than the first one, better burn too. The place I bought them from always has the humidity cranked up in their humidor. I've seen it as high as 74% before. Amazing what a difference it makes. Flavor-wise, seems to be going back and forth between charred wood and floral, with the ever-present Nicaraguan bite in the nose exhale. They're growing some tasty tobacco down there in Nicaragua. This is definitely NOT one of your typical quadruple ligero bombs that are so popular these days. "Strength" is a solid medium.

Final 1/3
Getting a little ammonia, did a flame purge and it cleared up. This one could have used some more rest. Flavor-wise the floral is a little more upfront and the wood is gone. Floral and tangy. Let it die at just under 2".

This one was waaaaaay better than the first one I smoked. Still don't agree with the ranking though. But I will pick up a few more and put them to bed for a few months and revisit.
Thanks bro, will have to revisit this one as well. Just a bit hard to find atm.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote