Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's more important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicDrop View Post
Awesome job being dicks to a new guy! Glad I came to this board for as much info as possible! Because more info is always a bad thing!
I certainly understand this perspective. And, in a sense, some, including me, are being dicks to you.

However, you started it by being dicks to us.

If you go back and read this thread from the start (this time for content - oops, being a dick again), then you will see that people were doing their best to give you reliable information based on the information in your original post. That the question that you asked could be answered in more than one way is in no way the fault of those trying to answer your post. Several people pointed this out and instead of trying to understand and come up with your own plan, you expressed confusion over the fact that the world worked the way that people told you and then asked people to change the world.

You asked for the One Right Way (TM) and were surprised to find out that there is no such creature. Many went on to explain what they use as Their Own Right Way - For Now (TM) and that others will have different approaches. Some even had views diametrically opposed to someone who came before them in the thread! This happens and instead of telling us how wrong we are, perhaps you could engage more constructively.

Here is a simple analogy, but one that I've seen play out in real life:

Suppose that a young child is told, "2 + 2 = 4". At some level of abstraction, that is a correct statement. However, some children erroneously interpret this as "2 + 2 = 4 and no other numbers may total 4"[*]. As a result of this error, when they are asked, "what is 1 + 3?", they are puzzled and confused, not knowing that this other "formula" gives the same result.

Math and humidor seasoning have more in common than it may appear.

* We won't get in to the various voodoo mathematics such as "2+ 2 = 4" being different from "4 = 2 + 2".