crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hotel wi-fi rant......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
We stay almost exclusively at Marriott hotels when we take our hockey trips, and with the exception of the 2 hotels I mentioned earlier, the Marriotts we stay at almost *all* offer free wifi, free breakfast, microwaves, fridges, funny little mini-stores at the front counter and they have all allowed us to drink in the lobby until dawn.

They may not be 5 star, but Marriott provides a very cost effective way to travel en masse, on the cheap. We dig em and dread when we hear there is no courtyard or marriott to stay when we book for hockey trips.

I'm sure they can't measure up to 5 star ratings, or maybe even 4 star ratings, but when it comes to the little things, and especially the TOPIC AT HAND, Marriotts take the cake in my book.
Mine too, but I'm obviously biased.
You'll never see 100% satisfaction and always have people who you can't make happy, but the loyalty I see every day to the brand is really kinda amazing.

Not sure where the ratings posted earlier came from, but they're about 4 points under where just about any hotel would say, "we're doing really well with the guest satisfaction scores". They're also lower than the ones I recently saw, so I'm not sure where they came from or their validity.

I haven't stayed anywhere else in 10 years and am headed to the Marriott Marquis in Times Square in less than 2 weeks and can't think of anywhere I'd rather stay.