View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
backwoods357
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jorgen
Trading: (14)
backwoods357 will become famous soon enough
Default Lined coolidor?

I've been thinking what would be the optimal storage solution for my needs/budget. I'm thinking I'll go with a large cooler (100+ qt) and find a Botl with a spanish cedar connection and line the interior. Not just small patches on the inside but fully covering the walls and floor with large single pieces (or several tiled pieces for shipping reasons). The insides of the cooler are rounded and slanted, so it would take a lot of careful measuring and cutting to get it right. I was thinking I would build a ~1" divider in the center (widthwise) to hold beads and have pegs or the like to support four trays near the top, two on each side, one above the other with box storage space available below. Then it would be really easy to for me to scale based on what I needed. If I had a ton of singles, put 2-3 of the trays in, more boxes just use one tray. What I'd like to know is: who has built a storage/organization system, what thickness of cedar to use, who here sells it, is it worth the effort, how would you build it to suit your needs, ect... I have a lot of time to figure this out as I have yet to fill my desktop humi.
backwoods357 is offline   Reply With Quote