View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 05:05 PM   #75
TheTraveler
giggity giggitty

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (12)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
TheTraveler has a spectacular aura aboutTheTraveler has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wheel of Time fans?

When I bought this book I thought it was the last in the series. I know, I know, my info was way, WAY out of date. Over two years ago when I first learned Sanderson was going to finish the series there was talk of a final TWO books. I didn't keep up with the scuttlebutt and so had absolutely no idea there would be a book 14.

Which leads me to the ending of this book (book 13) .....

My first reaction was "You m*(*&^fu*&(*&r !!! How dare you end the series like that!?" Then I calmed down and gave it some thought and, with so many loose threads being tied up (or at least brought into some semblance of near-finality), and certainly with all the foreshadowing near the end (especially Aviendha's POVs), and finally with the last-minute tweaks such as Rand's meeting with _______ in the cave, well, that really could have been the end of the story. So I gave it some thought and grudgingly admitted that, while not my first choice of endings, it was a pretty unique way to end such an epic series. It really could have worked out like that.

Then I read online that book 14 would be out next November. Did I ever feel like a douche.