View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 12:26 PM   #2792
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Whats in your bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Sheepdog View Post
I meant to ask? Can you have a pipe on a sub? Probably not! They didnt allow it on military aircraft either but you could always detect a faint cigar cloud anyway. It was wartime and the rules are always ignored!
When I was in during the early 80's, you could. My Capt. smoked that apple tobacco from the drug store. A few others, like my LPO smoked a pipe, too. We could remove smoke from atmosphere with electro-static precipitators. They are like those ones you see on TV, but bigger and incorporated into the ventilation system.

BTW, I do not like what has happened to the Navy. Many, many, bad, terrible things. Apparently, Liberty isn't for the ones doing the fighting for it.

They're gonna lock people up in a steel pipe, underwater for weeks at a time and expect them to quit? Insane!

Last edited by Subvet642; 12-31-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote