View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #100
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your greatest accomplishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
Accomplishments in life are noteworthy if they enhance your life to be a better person or help you move on to do better things. I was able to retire at the early age of 42 after working for 25 years at a job where I worked a lot of 16 hour days. Everything is relative in what you do and how you do it and the only significant thing in life is what you do for others...not yourself. When you come to the end of your days the only thing that you will draw comfort from is who you loved and what you did for others to pay things forward...the ultimate accomplishment. I have seen too many people and talked with those who would have traded in every accomplishment of merit they ever received to end their life with just those two things I talked about
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?" Luke 95
That's an age old warning that keeps playing out time and time again. I'm about as stubborn as they come, but that's one guy who I never found to be wrong, no matter how hard I test his insight.
And I definately test it.
That's real good stuff you laid down, brother. Thank You.