Thread: Coffee Roasting
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 08:14 PM   #15
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Coffee Roasting

Decided to break out my Behmor. Didn’t realized I have 5+ lbs green beans of all flavors. Grabbed the bag of Brazil Moka pea berry and throw just under half a lb in it. Did my usual two minute warm up, then ran it at 1lb, P3, C settings. I go by sight/sound when I roast. Well, got neither of those right. First crack was so light, it was hard to hear. Next thing I know it’s rolling well into second crack and smokes billowing out. Who knows, maybe I can salvage that batch.

Just ran another batch, same beans, but nearly 1lb. This time I caught it better, just coming to the end of first crack. Currently cooling. Will use it for morning coffee on Thursday.