Old 09-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Te Amo?

These have been around forever and I've always been curious, just because they are made with Mexican tobacco (right?). never tried one though.

anyhow as far as cheap smokes go, how cheap are we talking? There is a huge difference between $1 cigars and $2-3 cigars. Personally I have never found anything in the $1 range that was worth a sh*t. seriously, they're all terrible in my opinion. However, there are a lot of tasty options if you are willing to part with the extra dollar. If I want a good cigar for less than $3, I usually grab a Padron Londres.

I've been impressed by several JR bundle cigars but considering there is absolutely ZERO consistency with those, I can't recommend them as a cheap "go-to" smoke. In fact, come to think of it, this is problem with all cheap cigars. It's hard to find a go-to smoke because manufacturers usually don't bother with making sure their super value stuff is perfectly blended. In many cases you're getting a completely different cigar from one box to another.
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote