Thread: Pappy
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 01:06 PM   #6
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Pappy

I love that page, it always cracks me up. But it does have some wisdom in it. I quote: "Here’s a little secret for you: that $25 bottle of W.L. Weller 12 year on the shelf is the exact same wheated bourbon as Van Winkle Lot B for half the price. Here’s another little secret: That $20 bottle of Old Weller Antique on the shelf everywhere is also the exact same wheated bourbon recipe and both of those bourbons are made at the same distillery as Pappy. In a blind taste test most people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between Pappy 15 and Old Weller Antique."
I enjoy Old Weller (which the liquor store in my town sells for $19 a bottle) and really, really enjoy the Weller Antique. And for <$25 a bottle, my bank account really likes them better than chasing the fabled Pappy.