View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 07:31 PM   #11
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NCs that don't age well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Smoke one now, or else you won't have anything to compare the rest to when you planned to open up the box. If it were me I'd probably buy a fresh one and smoke that back to back (or within a couple days) with the 13's to see the difference, it won't be an exact comparison because tobacco (and possibly blends) could have changed, but it may give a general idea of the change thus far
Good call! Luckily I do have quite a few more recent DPG Blacks to compare them to (a personal fav blend of mine so I try to stay stocked up). Once the weather gets nicer this spring I'll definitely compare them, maybe even write a review if I have the time.

@ Havanaaddict I totally respect that opinion too

I've definitely been venturing in to CCs more as of late, but mostly I'm just stashing those boxes in the bottom of my coolidors so they can get some appropriate age first. That said, even the younger ones I've had to date are quite impressive.

For now, I plan on smoking primarily NCs while my CCs get some rest, at least the ones I don't break down and smoke early anyway haha. I'll be interested to see where my preferences lie 5-10 years down the road though
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote