Thread: First Job
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 11:45 AM   #3
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: First Job

The nice part about working in a video store was the free rentals and the screener copies of movies still in the theaters. Of course the quality on these VHS's wasn't the best. I just got sick of moms coming in and asking me if a movie would be appropriate for minors and so on all the while the kids are behind mom begging me with their eyes because they were desperate to watch robocop. I was never the cool guy about it either. I just gave my honest opinions about it. The movie was rated X and it's on the box but the mother is asking my opinion about it? I didn't wanna deal with the inevitable wrath of an angry mom for allowing her boys to watch an extremely violent movie for it's time.

So, james did you retire or are you still hitting the grind? It's nice to have that financial stability to retire so young. My biggest regret is not enlisting in the military. I wish i could go back and smack my younger self for all the stupid choices i made early on. God bless you sir!