Carpe cigar!

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (17)
Montecristo
Brlesq will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cigar Federation Tobacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
I’ve bought stuff from this gang several times and enjoyed the cigars. You have to decide for yourself if the price point is justified.

There marketing is rather intense at times. But, hey, did you ever read the stuff Lew Rothman wrote for JR? I used to read his catalogs for the entertainment value.

To expand on Jason’s post a bit, Cfed and Ezra Zion are related businesses. The exact ownership has changed. Right now, I believe EZ owns Cfed.
Correct. The guys who started Ezra Zion cigars started an online forum around 2012, and then teamed up with Gary Griffith of Emilio cigars (a super guy!) to start online boutique cigar sales. Logan Lawler managed the site after that and in 2014, they sold the site to Logan so that they could focus on cigar making. Then Gary Griffith retired from House of Emilio in 2015. Logan built up the site with a nice forum and review section as well as including other boutique brands for sale, along with a full selection of the regular lines of Ezra Zion cigars (but no the limited releases, which you still had to buy on ezrazion.com). Last July, the EZ guys bought the site back from Logan. It has come full circle.

As others have mentioned, I have never smoked a bad EZ cigar, but the marketing is over the top and definitely targeted towards an urgency to buy their limited releases before they are gone (and the hype usually insures that the cigars are gone within a day.) Some can be a bit pricey, and they are not always worth the asking price, but some real gems can be found. If you join the forum, members get a 10% discount at the online store.