View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #20
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A Humidor Build Idea.

It's a most unique piece - I think it's a desk top design 100%. It also looks the the capped end goes in first and butts up against the tapered hole end with the foot greeting the opener. It's funny that only the first and last rack has the half moon extension piece near the end of the stick for maximum support. From it's size, it looks like it's designed for one type of cigar (or two), mainly a churchill or double corona - suggested by the longer extension of the half moon supports. As far as connectors, small chain would 'fall' better when closed, but I can see it getting caught between the tray pieces, unless if it's on the inside or outside of each tray. The design looks like cloth, but I can see if bundling up and possibly causing the lid not to close, especially mounted where pictured, on the front of the tray. Maybe some way to incorporate an accordion type hinge or concertina hinge, either on the inside or outside of each tray. This style would also give rigidity. I would also opt for the half moon outer supports for all of the trays instead of the outermost two.

I guess you took the photo, Scott - or was it an Internet picture? I'm curious the price on your pictured model.

I also found this Partagas model:

Also, check out this RyJ one. Another skill tester for you. Looks like it wouldn't seal very well.

I bet none of them are cheap.