View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #15
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A Humidor Build Idea.

I think it's the right idea, just the wrong application. The whole point of the design is not to store a large number of sticks, but to store fewer sticks in a more classy presentation. While the clear tubes are nice, I think they subtract from the elegance of the humidor, and continue to limit the overall functionality.

For a desktop version, I suspect individually compartmentalized trays would work better than tubes. Think of something a little bit closer to a plain plastic tackle box with the flip open lid and expanding trays, only done a little more stylishly.

For a travel version, a little shaped foam that gently sandwiches the cigars from two sides when the case closes (think like a Cigar Caddy) prevents any movement, including small vibrations that can cause chips and cracks in wrappers. It only needs to squeeze gently on about two areas, each with an inch of contact on the cigar, then a soft piece at the top and bottom so that serious trauma can't overcome the foam's friction ability and let the cigar's foot/cap bang into anything.