View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 11:37 AM   #35
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: Lacto-Fermentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Didn't you get a tomato strainer for on your kitchenaid mixer?
Or was that me? Wait. Yeah, I know I have one.
Maybe you were just whoring onto someone else's thread cause you needed one?

Anyways, those hand mills like Ben linked, those are for mashed potatoes. That's about it. Every polander on the hill has one, it's law.
But they even suck for tomatoes, and they don't deal with seeds at all. The spinner rides up on the seeds, then you gotta spin backwards, then you forward two spins and it quits working again, then you curse and wish you got a proper saucer.

An old tomato saucer is king. But the attachment for the kitchenaid mixer is pretty boss, too. Same difference, it's just more fun with the old grinder for little batches.
You talkin about something like this? Or a manual grinder like this? Please point me in the right direction, I've only used a food mill for making gnocchi once a long time back so I guess I can only speak to it's use with potatoes, but I need something that doesn't get seeds stuck under it for grinding up peppers. Learn me some of your brain thinking!