View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #32
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Most satisfying box purchase?

I'd have to go with a box of Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Robustos a few years back. Why, you ask? Thanks for asking, I reply. I'd been smoking cigars for years, but only occasionally and not with any scrutiny towards what I was smoking. I got stationed in Europe and had access to CCs, so started smoking more but still without any kind of introspection; I'd have a Swisher Sweet one week and a Punch Punch the next with little thought to either.

Then one day while I was deployed to the Middle East I had a CC Cohiba that was so friggin' good it made me want to become a cigar smoker, not just someone who occasionally had a cigar. After my deployment my wife and I came back to the states...and no more CCs. So I started hitting the on-line sites and buying tons of samplers, trying a little of everything to try and see what I liked and more importantly what I didn't. I did that for almost a year and then made my first box purchase, the Lot 23s.

So it's probably my most satisfying mainly for what it represented: my transition from an occasional smoker who paid little attention to what I was smoking to a full-blown cigar enthusiast.