View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #40
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PC fans for wineador

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
I guess I'll take your advice this time. Just I have seen others say they don't plug it without any issues. Either way, yeah, bugs would be a bad deal. That's a good enough reason for me.
Sometimes, depending on the ambient, guys can get away without plugging their drain. Those guys are very few and far between.
They probably aren't relaying all the crap they have to do to keep their units at a proper RH, because it's "normal" to them to do tons of maintenance. Hell, I can drill a 1/2" hole in the glass front of my winador here beside my desk and still get it to keep a reasonably steady RH, but it'd be a huge pain in the ass, ya know?
If a guy's winador showed up with a 1/2" hole in the glass front, what would he do? He'd send it back or at the very least, it'd be immediately obvious that he'd need to plug that hole up with something. Same if a desktop showed up with a 1/2" hole drilled in the lid. They'd think it was ludicrous.
Why we think differently when the hole is in the drain pan has always been a mystery to me. I'm not singling you out or trying to make foolish, you're about the umpteenth guy that I and others have pointed this out to. It's one of those crazy things that escape us, ya know?
I just want you to have a pain-free experience. You've layed down lots of coin to save trouble and have a top-notch rig, you deserve it, my brother.