View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #38
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PC fans for wineador

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Thanks for the good advice Scott. I'll be mindful of my drawers. I had my drawers made by Forrest and they already have a 1/2 inch gap between the back of the trays and the back wall. I suppose I can always slide them a little further out if 1/2 inch isn't enough. I think they will be fine tho. I'm also not going to plug my drainhole initially. I want to see how it handles without it plugged before I throw any extra things into the mix. I'll be showing pics soon of my fan setup tho, I just finally got the wires thru thanks to Freebirds suggestion of sucking a string thru it with a vacuum, that worked great.
You can plug your drain hole or not, but realize it's just that, a hole in your humidor.
You can no more control humidity in a desktop humidor with a half inch hole drilled in the lid than you can control a winador with a half inch hole in the bottom.
I won't take time to explain vapor pressure and all the reasons why it'll cause you dire problems because you're gonna do what you're gonna do. I'd just feel remiss if I didn't state the obvious, and that's that you have a hole in your humidor. It'd be a super good idea to plug it like everyone else.
If the humidity problem isn't enough to make you see the light, maybe all the bugs that'll crawl in and out of that hole will.