View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #32
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PC fans for wineador

Derrick, most winadors are wired with the evaporator fan (inside fan) running 24/7. The reason I say "most" is only because I haven't worked with every thermoelectric. Every single one I've worked on, large and small, are wired as such. It's basic refrigeration principle, the air needs to be stirred to create an even temperature and to deliver a proper reading to the thermostat to power the peltier coil as necessary.
All that means that there's absolutely no need for an auxiliary fan in a winador. You've already got a perfectly ported fan running 24/7.
The only reason you'd need an auxilliary fan is if you don't plug your winador in.
You can find if your fan runs 24/7 by lowering the temp setpoint, letting the unit cool to that setpoint, then raise the thermostat to it's highest setpoint. Then open the door and see if the fan is running, as it should be.
Back in the day there were some Vinotemp TEDS- units out there that were miswired with the fan shutting off when the setpoint was reached. Guys had lots of problems until someone grabbed the schematics and made a phone call and found they were miswired.