Thread: First Order!
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 07:50 AM   #16
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: First Order!

For me it's a passion to tinker. I'm a foodie from head to toe, and get really geeked on creating things. I'm always in search of that perfect 'whatever'. That's why i make my own sausage, have brewed my own beer, make my own bread (when I ate it), etc. There's something about the artisinal aspect of things like roasting your own coffee. You have the ultimate control over the end product. Want it darker, easy, just roast it longer. Like a lighter roast, just pull the plug sooner. The cost factor wasn't a big deal for me since I don't drink a lot of coffee daily, averaging 2 cups in my travel mug.

Like Shane says, you have to do some fore thought before you can have fresh roasted coffee. I roasted some on Tuesday night that I'll start drinking tomorrow. Eventually I'll upgrade my roaster to one with a larger capacity, but that's just so I can roast more to give away.

My next artisinal endeavor, home roasted peanut butter.