View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #17
falconman515
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Chris
Trading: (35)
JL
falconman515 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: falconman515's NewAir AW-280E 28 Bottle Wineador Build!

Ok I took my 2 existing trays I already had that were in the cooler and got the handles installed on both of those.... also the Oust fan came in today and I got that sitting on the bottom pointing up to move humidity around from the bottom.

Once I get all the trays in the bags of KL will be laying on the back of the metal shelves horizontally on the bottom and top also top shelve and 2 in between (I will take a pic of where these are located next week when all the trays come in and I move everything around). The small bag kinda handing on the rack is where the fan is .... This will be a different bag when I get all the KL placed in the right spot but I will make sure I leave a dry bag of KL here to capture the moisture coming from the fan ( I read somewhere this is good to do when the fan runs at all times so the cold moisture air isn't hitting directly on the cigars).

The fan may move to the first shelf as well (I'm gonna mount it to the bottom the of the first wire rack somehow.

Also as you can see I took apart the Oust fan and took some heavy scissors to the front part of the fan and cut out the plastic to open it up for more air to move from the fan into the open (when the front part is on it really restricts the airflow coming from the fan).

I don't get hardly any condensation and with the electrical tape I lose no humidity as my hygro stays perfectly all depending on what location of the cooler from 62-67% Rh !!!

I will be getting the other 5 trays in the mail Tuesday and will need a few days to season them in another igloo cooler I have before I put them in the wineador (I may mount the handles and slide them in the cooler to take a pic of what it looks like with all trays in there in case you may be thinking of sticking with trays to start off with).

Let me know if you have any questions on my progress thus far.

Thanks for watching my build and I hope this out some other BOTL.

falconman515 is offline   Reply With Quote