View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #2509
TheFool

Default Re: I had a great cigar today thanks to......

I had Punch Gran Puro thanks to kelmac07. I shared this with a couple friends outside of a local coffee shop. We got our coffees and chai and smoked and talked and had an all together great time. Before the light this stick smelled like chocolate and maybe hazelnuts, the burn was nice it got a little uneven, but fixed itself right up which was nice. After the light I was getting a lot of woods kinda like a wood pile on top of some damp hay. specifically the knots in wood. I really love trying to pick out the flavors and the smells in a cigar so we had a great time throwing some ideas around. Some of the smells and tastes that really stuck with me were a very early light subtle pepper and towards the middle I started getting some really interesting notes. I got a real nice image of a high quality wooden chess board I could smell and taste the light and dark wooden tiles, the old used wooden pieces set in place and even the air between the pieces, call me crazy, but this was a very strong note for me. Another first time note i got on this was a citrus, which I have never had on a cigar, I was getting a distinct kiwi aftertaste back behind my jaw on the left side. there was a pecan pie aftertaste and the end of this cigar gave a very nice warm oak barrel taste like the ones used to store scotch. This was my friends last day in town and I think it was a great way to send him off, we had a throughly good time and I'd like to thank Kelmac07 for providing this fine cigar to go with. I'd definitely smoke one of these again.