View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough
Default Scotch's that wont break the bank

I have never really had a good scotch before. Nothing that stood out and made me want to actually drink scotch. I love liquors such as bourbon and tequila and I find that my tastes are rather expensive. Luckily for bourbon and tequila, expensive tastes is only 30-40 dollars a bottle.

Last night at the liquor store, I had no intention of buying, I went in for a 6 pack of beer while the girlfriend went shopping. While browsing I stumbled across the scotch isle. I was looking, almost everything on the top shelf was 100 dollars or more.

I decided because I have never tried a scotch that was anything above bottom of the barrel I purchased a middleshelf bottle of Chivas Regal - 12 Years. I took it home and tonight I am sipping at it in my rocks glass over a few ice cubes. It is fantastic. Decent priced at 25 dollars a bottle. I am actually interested in trying a few other scotch's now.

I am looking for recommendations, looking for bottles that can be had in the 20-40 dollar range.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote