Old 02-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #22
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation
Default Re: Behmor on the way

Much better on the 2nd roast. Adjusted to 12 ozs and p3 at B seemed to do the trick and it went into cool mode just after 1st crack ended, although I added 30 seconds to the roast time to get it to full city in my neophite judgement.

Definitely gonna need a little learning on this, but really like being able to fill the storage tin with one roast instead of the 4 that I was used to with the Freshroast, which often caused uneven roasts when doing a few in an afternoon.

The Behmor seems to do a really nice job from what I can tell as long as you really sit close and monitor it.

Very quiet and the lower profile chaff collector really lets you watch the roast coming along nicely, although I've needed to Shop Vac the thing out after roasting as the chaff collector seems less than good.

Roastmasters was nice enough to include 3/4 pound sampler of Greenwell Farms extra fancy Kona at no charge simply because I asked how it was, which means I will be a return customer.

Along with the free shipping and 5 pound sampler of Brasil Beija Flor, I feel it was a very fair deal.