View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 12:41 PM   #3799
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
We don't see it much for retail either Pete, I just got super lucky with the drops this time. I don't think I've found 3 Blanton's the last 2+ years prior to this.
A few years ago one of my best friends moved to Missoula and I was just getting into bourbon and had a different friend go on a hunting trip out west and found a couple bottles of Blantons. So I call my buddy in Missoula and asked him to look for some Blantons the next time he stopped into his local. He called me back an hour later and asked how many I wanted. Shocked, I said how many do they have? He says 4 cases (16 bottles). Next logical question was how much? He goes, $58 a bottle. I told him (and he wasn't a bourbon guy at this point either), "this is going to sound a little nuts, but if you can swing it, buy them all."

He does and said "because I bought them all she gave me $4 off per bottle!"

So I tell him how much we could sell them for and he figures out what's going on. We ended up splitting the haul 8 bottles each. I sold four and kept four but we ended averaging about a $100 profit on each bottle we sold.

Sad thing is I'm down to my last bottle.