View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 07:27 PM   #17
Goldie
Bring the pain!

First Name: Drew
Trading: (13)
Bolivar
Goldie has a spectacular aura aboutGoldie has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Next best thing to an Aristocrat?

Evening everyone,

Sorry for my absence since asking for some advice. That's the life of a small business owner I suppose.

750 may be a little large for what I need currently. But I like the idea of having space to grow into. I would estimate now that I have somewhere between 425 - 475 sticks.

The reason that I am looking for something similar to my Vino is that we live in a 110 year old house. The HVAC isn't awesome, and due to the age of the house would require a load of money to upgrade. My Vino sits in my office that receives minimal AC or heat, so the temp in the room can be 8 or 10 degrees above/below the rest of the house. It isn't a real problem in the Fall and Winter in that the temp drops to the mid to low 60s. In the Summer when the room sits at 78 or so the cooling takes care of the climate inside the Vino. We unfortunately don't have a garage for a cooler, and don't have a basement that I would feel comfortable using for storage.

I like the idea of having the Vino in an area where I can easily grab a smoke if I find myself with a little extra time in the evening. Someone commented that the possibility of finding a cooled cabinet for $500 would be sheer luck, and I agree. I like the idea of having some room to grow, but an actual cabinet would be far too much room. It would be pathetic at how empty one would look.

I was hoping someone here had something they could recommend. If I Google for some options I can find some vendors who sell lower than others, but what I really wanted to avoid was dropping some cash on a humidor that just wasn't up to par. I love my Vino, I just hate that my RH is all over the place.