View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #15
ajacobs

Default Re: Bring on the Coolers

The one with the green cooler Ed made for me. I can't wait for it to arrive. He was a pleasure to work with.

The price was extremely reasonable.

I know there are plenty who think it is crazy to put that much effort into a cooler but I have my reason.

I have several of those party stacker coolers and in fact may not end up using all 3 trays in the same cooler. I prefer them to the larger 100 qt coolers (these are 33 qt) for several reasons. The dimensions are great for fitting boxes and the like. I only open the cooler I need and don't change out the air for all my cigars by having them in one cooler. They come in different colors (I have Anejo and opus cooler, this green one will be for padrons).

I have a desktop humi, although I am about to order one from ED. I keep a 30 or 40 smokes in it and that is enough. Bulk storage capacity is provided by the coolers.

I think they would be a great system for someone starting out also. The coolers come in 2 depths (one should fits 2 trays fine) and this size. You could start with one cooler and one tray. Add coolers that will all stack as you need them and add trays as you need them.

I had Ed make 3 compartments 6.5 inches high. For toro's which is what I mainly smoke and 5.5 inches wide for the outside 2. This will allow me to fill it with Robustos in one directions or toros the other. The drawers are about 3 inches deep so a whole box would fit in some of the compartments.

The top two Churchill size compartments are over 7 inches long.