View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Son looking at military...advice please

Has he looked into applying to any of the Academies? Cutoff time for applying is sometime in February I believe. Certainly nothing wrong with enlisting, as some of my closest mentors here at CGA are enlisted. But if he's got what it takes to make it in of them, it's four years of payed for education, plus a monthly stipend. Plus he will receive his commission as an officer after graduation. I wish him luck with whatever he decides. I personally think military is a great life choice, and I'm very happy that this is what I have decided to pursue after high school. Even if he doesn't want to stay in forever, I'm sure it'll set him up for a great job after serving.

Also, ROTC scholarships are another great option too. Again, nothing wrong at all with enlisting, but just offering what I know since I went through, and was accepted into, four different applications (USNA, USCGA, USMMA, and Navy ROTC). If he decides to look into that, I'd be more than happy to help him through it.

Last edited by RobR1205; 10-29-2012 at 08:29 PM.
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote