NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Coming this Saturday morning:

Takanori Gomi, widely considered to be the second best lightweight in the world (BJ Penn is first), will compete at Sengoku 6 on November 1 in Saitama, Japan.
Gomi will be facing Sergey Golyaev of the Red Devil Sports Club.
Sengoku had planned for Gomi to next fight at Sengoku 7, but Gomi, who was frustrated with his last performance, insisted on fighting at Sengoku 6 because he wanted a clear victory heading into a championship bout at Sengoku 7.
"When I was fighting in PRIDE Bushido, I was in great condition," Gomi said. "Therefore, I want to keep fighting without taking a long break like I did in Bushido. As long as I get an opportunity, I would like to keep fighting as much as I can. This way is much easier for me to maintain the condition. I have been in good condition after SENGOKU.5. I'm ready to fight anytime and I only need to adjust my weight."
Golyaev (10-6) is on a 3-fight winning streak, but hasn't fought since December 2, 2006. He has lost all his fights against notable opponents such as Rich Clementi, Joachim Hansen and Kurt Pellegrino.
Sengoku 6 will feature the semifinals and final of the event's lightweight and middleweight tournaments.
-------
World Victory Road: Sengoku 6
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan

Middleweight Grand Prix
Yuki Sasaki vs. Kazuhiro Nakamura
Jorge Santiago vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
Joe Doerksen vs. Izuru Takeuchi (Reserve)

Lightweight Grand Prix
Satoru Kitaoka vs. Eiji Mitsuoka
Kazunori Yokota vs. Mizuto Hirota
Bang Seung Hwan vs. Jorge Masvidal (Reserve)

Non-Tournament Bouts:
Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal vs. Fabio Silva
Josh Barnett vs. TBA

These Sengoku cards are always entertainig.